Monday, January 16, 2012

Joy







This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

This verse and nugget of God’s truth is so familiar to me. Sometimes the most familiar words are the ones we take for granted. The Holy Spirit revealed a newness about this verse to me, and I thought I’d share it with you. The verse says, “this is the day the Lord has made”, meaning whether or not you acknowledge this day as a creation of the Lord or not, He made it. Secondly, the verse says, “LET US rejoice and be glad in it.” This an encouragement to us to join in with Jesus to REJOICE and give thanks to God for this day, that we in our humanness have to choose what we will do with this day the Lord has made...be glad in it or ?

I’ve walked with Jesus and been counseled by His Spirit on some of the most gloomy and dark days of my life...in fact, days where I just plain didn’t want to be a part of. But through walking and having an on-going relationship with my Savior Jesus, I have learned that even when this world around me, sometimes even the people I love most, are just poopy and everything seems to weigh me down….there is a truth: Jesus came to give us an abundant life. Even in the midst of darkness in my personal life, the ability to stay connected to Jesus by communicating simply to Him has given me life. I remember once in my life feeling like “no one” cared for me, no one thought of me—just me—as being special...I sought out on a small walk down my street and I mumbled these words to Jesus. As I looked up I saw an entire fence blooming with the most beautiful and fragrant jasmine flowers! They were amazing, and plentiful! Just in that moment I heard the God of all glory whisper in my spirit, “Jeanne, these are just for you. I care about you. I love you. And you are so special to me.” There in the midst of my darkness, God shined so brightly in my heart. He turned my perspective around: Even if no one else sees me, Jesus sees me, He loves me, and He will never leave me! Who cares about anyone else! The God, Creator of the Universe just spoke to me! Flowers or words of sentiment from anyone else would or could never compare with this amazing Jesus, My Savior, and friend! When you wake up in the morning, Thank HIM for this day before it begins...and choose to rejoice in it! When we seek Him out, His glory is sure to be found!

No comments:

Moran's

Moran's
In contemporary Christianity there is an essential difference between belief and faith. Our religious beliefs are the visible expression of our faith, our personal commitment to the person of Jesus. However, if the Christian beliefs inherited from our family and passed on to us by our church tradition are not grounded in a shattering, life-changing experience of Jesus as the Christ, then the chasm between our credal statements and our faith-experience widens and our witness is worthless. The gospel will persuade no one unless it has so convicted us that we are transformed by it - B. Manning

Life's Narrator

My photo
My flesh is weak but my spirit is willing. Jesus thinks I'm beautiful. Knowing Him is eternal life for me. When I die, all I have to take is love.